Happy Thanksgiving!

Hair salon names: 'Dog Tails' and 'Jet Party Hair'.

I know in America this is a big holiday week. I miss all the bustle of the holidays there. We have a different kind of bustle here. We will have a small gathering of nine at our home, and of course Tommy Turkey will be our featured guest. I had him flown in special. We also have the woman the girls and I met in the fabric store. Thanks to our dendo (proselyting) baby! Good job Nora. Unfortunately, there will be no Bingo again this year, and Weslee, I'm with you on the bingo, it's tradition.

First of all I must apologize to the mountains of Japan. In my last letter I told you they weren't very colorful. I was sorely mistaken, it just happens a little later here. We were in the mountains of Matsumoto, Nagano District last weekend and they were absolutely stunning. Red, yellow, orange and green. No wonder I love fall! Those are all my favorite colors. I decided that the Lord made fall so spectacular as to make up for the bleakness of winter.

We spent last week in Korea for the Asia North Area Seminar. It was wonderful. We learned so much from Elder's Stevenson, Ringwood and Aoyagi. I loved Korea! We saw the most incredible cultural dancing show at the Korea House. At the end of the performance they came down in the audience and pulled three people up on the stage. One of those happened to be Scott. He was a good sport and beat the drum and danced. Everyone took pictures to capture the moment so I'm sure there will be photos to pass on.

Things are going very well here. I love Japan. This is home. It's funny how that happens. I really love it here. I am thankful that the Lord has helped me adjust to everything around me. He has blessed my family---has helped me love everyone of these missionaries, helped me feel their hearts and see their qualities.

We have a very busy few weeks ahead of us with Thanksgiving, Sister's leadership training, traveling to the different branches and wards every Sunday, Elder Stevenson's visit to tour the mission, new missionaries coming and old missionaries leaving (transfers), and Christmas activities in the mission. When I was in Utah it use to take weeks to plan one event, now we're use to two or three events in a week. We clean up one activity to set up for another. I'm amazed how the Lord steps in and helps us keep going. He give us energy to keep everything together. It's an exciting time in our lives. We not only keep on the move, we see miracles almost everyday. Often the miracles we see are these young women and men become better and stronger---more mature and confident--both in themselves and in the Lord. This is amazing!

I give thanks to the Lord for all of you---for the influence you are in my life--- for your love and support.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Sister Baird, Bonnie, mom or grandma

Cultural tip of the month:
They are putting in a new fence and landscaping at the mission home. Right after the workers have a short lunch they all lay down in a row on the grass, cement or wherever and take a little nap. It makes me smile.

Comments (0)

Powered By Blogger