Hello everyone,
I hope you are all fine. We think about you all. We wish you were here to see this incredible place and the incredible missionaries.
We just finished our first transfer week....whewwwww! This is a little bit of what my schedule looked like:
Monday- dinner with David and Ayae Tueller and her non member family (they brought me a beautiful fan and the girls full kimono outfits, it was so fun, it was like Christmas!)
Tuesday-trip to airport to pick up new missionaries, dinner for 16 (made bread from scratch), gave a little welcome talk.
Wednesday-breakfast for 16. Training for new missionaries. Sent them off with trainers. Dinner for 18 (made scones from scratch). gave a little talk.
Thursday-breakfast for 22. Airport trip to take missionaries going home. Shinkansen (bullet train) trip, sister missionary going home. Megumi and Ryoko over for missionary lesson with the A.P.'s and the Heaton clan.
Friday-lunch for 20, scones from scratch. (zone council conference)
You can see that here in Japan they haven't heard of the words 'frozen bread'. I'm learning a lot!

When we met with Megumi, Ryoko, A.P.'s and the Heaton boys, we had an activity, then the lesson. We sang I am a child of God and then Scott asked Megumi to say the closing prayer. After she finished she turned and looked at me and said that she had never in her life felt the Holy Spirit so strong. She was crying. She said she hadn't prayed in over 12 years, and she was so happy that she could still pray. She was so overjoyed at the feeling she had just experienced. She said "I am so amazing." She said that over and over. I realized she meant "I am so amazed".

At the end of our week I was getting ready for the day and was thinking over all I had accomplished this last week. The thought went through my head, "I am so amazing!", Then I thought of Megumi, I realized I too had meant to say "I am so amazed."
I am so amazed. So amazed at the love the Lord offers me. How He buoys me up. How He gives me strength and courage to go forward....to embrace the things I'm doing.
He's real. This is true...so true.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Love,
Sister Baird, Bonnie or mom

Cultural tip of the week: No one will except a tip. No one not even the hair dresser or the waiter.

Comments (0)

Powered By Blogger